Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How to Choose the Right Bass Fishing Lures to Catch That Big Bass Fish

My uncle and I have this ongoing competition between us. Whenever he catches more fish than I do, you ought to see him strutting around for weeks on end, reminding me of his victory every time we meet. And then he asks over and over, "So, how many fish have you caught lately?"

When it comes to bass fishing lures, he says the plastic worms are unbeatable. Okay, so he knows what he's talking about most of the time, and he's proven that to me on occasion. When he's pulling in monster bass and I'm sitting there with an empty bucket, I could just push him in the water.

However, on our last trip to catch bass fish, I definitely out-fished him. I was pulling them in right and left, and he was scowling at me the whole time! How did I become so fortunate? I have crankbait to thank, which I used as my bass fishing lures. Bass fish like them because they're like tender steaks, and they look somewhat like crayfish or baitfish. They work in most kinds of water, and they are effective fishing lures to add to your arsenal.

I also keep spinnerbaits as a supplement. They are little things that look rather like baitfish. If you want to catch large bass quickly, they are a good choice. They are versatile in that they do well in most waters, and they come in assorted colors.

To give you an idea of how successful I was, I caught enough bass to stuff ourselves silly that night and still had enough left for breakfast the following day. I did my best to console my uncle by saying he could eat his fish as an appetizer. I'm getting pretty good at this fishing thing. Now I just have to develop my 'one that got away' story!

Please Rate this Article


Source: http://www.pcwriters.com/Article/How-to-Choose-the-Right-Bass-Fishing-Lures-to-Catch-That-Big-Bass-Fish/101850

No comments: